Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lime Italian Ice


This recipe is surprising VERY easy to make, you can find it HERE.  This actually isn't my first time making it.  It is however my first time making it with lime juice.  I've tried with lemon and watermelon juice, both very tasty if I might say so myself.  I bet you're wondering if I squeezed the juice from an actual watermelon.  No! Are you crazy?!  I used Dole Watermelon juice from the carton... it looks like THIS.  I've gotten mixed reviews on the watermelon.  Some thought it was amazing and some thought it was too sweet.  Which yes, it was sweet but I like sweet things.  If you don't, maybe try adding only 1 cup of sugar instead of 1-1/2 cups.  The "watermelon juice" does contain 25 g of sugar per serving (as I see from the link above). Maybe that's why I like it so much!


Oh, and I did add a little food coloring to make them colorful!




Mmmmmmm! Perfect for a 100-degree Louisiana summer day! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try this...my fave flavour is blood orange xoxx

Post a Comment