Thursday, March 31, 2011

DIY Chevron Painted Fabric Chair


BEFORE:


Gross stains from attempting to use fabric stain remover.

SUPPLIES:
-Gesso Spray Primer 
-Blank Stencil Sheet
-Ruler 
-Sharpie
-Scissors 
-Pencil
-Sponge Paint Brushes
-Painter's Tape
-Interior/Exterior Paint.  I think any kind would work but I used Valspar Latex Enamel Interior/Exterior in Gloss Black

STEP 1:  I primed the entire chair and legs with Gesso Spray primer and let dry completely.  

STEP 2: Painted the legs with the black paint. 

STEP 3: I made my own stencil (using a ruler and sharpie to be exact) and traced each pattern on the fabric with pencil.


STEP 4:  I started to paint in between the lines but that wasn't working too well as you can see, so I lined each area with painters tape (sorry I forgot to take pictures, it was a long process).


STEP 5: Painted two coats of black paint, letting the paint dry completely between coats AND before removing the painters tape.  I noticed the paint would spread when I removed the tape before the paint was completely dry.

AFTER:




4 comments:

Thu Nguyen said...

This is smart thinking!!! I LOVE IT. :D

Renee said...

eee!! I love!

Unknown said...

Ooooh good idea!

Anonymous said...

oo! what a great idea! I hope you submitted this to design sponge! they will eat this up!

xo denj

Post a Comment